A WOMAN SEDUCED
Naya Morales is no ordinary mortal. Born with a shaman's power, she has devoted her life to tracking down stolen magic—and punishing those who take it. But one fateful night, she follows the alluring call of a sensual magic that is too glorious to be true—and finds herself face to face with a stunningly handsome thief who is too magnificent to resist...
A VAMPIRE ENSLAVED
From the moment he sees her, Ronan knows Naya is his mate. Driven by a deep, almost mystical connection, he aches for her body, hungers for her blood, and swears their souls are anchored together. Naya refuses to believe the words of a vampire—or risk the wrath of her tribe. But when she tries to make Ronan her prisoner, neither chains of silver nor fires of hell can help her escape the truth: she is the one who's been captured...
Naya is a witch in a tribe of shapeshifter that are quite honestly stuck in medieval times. Seriously they need a dose of feminism and like fast! Her primary function is to banish demons in the town they live and she is VERY good at it.
Ronan is vampire without a memory when Naya stumbles upon him, writhing in pain if the rain. Naya does not trust Ronan because he is oozing with the same dark power as the other demons she has been destroying but she hesitates to kill him like the others because be somehow knows her name.
That is where things get interesting.
I LOVED this book but only gave it 4 stars and I will get back to that in a moment. First let me tell you why I will be picking up the rest of the series.
- The sexy scenes are HOT!
- It is action packed once you get past the first couple of chapters
- The writing style is FANTASTIC, the story flows wonderfully and seamlessly. The story is told in the third person so it is super easy to follow who and what is going on.
- Naya is a bad a$$ chick that takes no guff from anyone (except the tribal elders) and is still growing into her maturity.
- Did I mention the SEXY HOT VAMPIRE scenes?
- Ronan is sexy and he does not give up even though he had the thought to do so many times. However if he felt that Naya was in trouble he would quickly desert that train of thought and look out for her.
- The Tribe dynamic was so bad it made the perfect antagonist for this story.
Ok so here are the reasons that I only gave it 4 stars.
- Although the writing style was great, there were some repeated phrases that were not just similar they were exact duplicates, like she copy and pasted the whole thing.
- Naya took to long to be more than a tribal pawn and the fact that she knew she was and let it continue in any fashion was annoying. Thankfully she realized her issue and fixed it.
- Naya also kept avoiding her feelings for Ronan when she could feel their connection and was willing to hurt his feelings over and over to avoid intimacy, for too long.
- Ronan was a bit thin skinned, He would be insulted by the smallest slight even when he claims he can feel her through their connection he still gets mad about her saying the wrong thing.
- Sioban can have a consort but Ronan's blood will boil if he is intimate with another? I don't understand that one, at all.
I would highly recommend this to any Paranormal Romance readers out there. You will not disappointed.