Here are all the in's and out's of supporting authors! If you love an author, leave a review!
* Us leaving reviews of any books you've read of theirs. The reviews don't need to be fancy or long, just polite and how you felt about the books. Actually, they THRIVE on getting great reviews.
* Us liking their Facebook author pages, commenting and participating in posts they make. (How cool is it to hear back from an author you adore?! I know I get super excited!).
* Us liking/following any other social media sites they use, such as Twitter, Instagram, Goodreads, Tsu, etc. and commenting/participating there as well. (Author stalking in a GOOD way!)
* Us following them on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Goodreads, etc.
Did you know they honestly and truly appreciate YOUR help? Let me tell you ways, YOU and I can help them:
* Obviously, read their books!
* Recommend their books to others!
* Write that review!
* For reviews that are posted on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Goodreads, etc., on ONLY the 5 star reviews, mark them as helpful.
(I personally use Amazon, so once a week, I go look up my favorite authors and for EACH book they have out, I'll look at 5 star reviews and mark as helpful. Initially this takes a bit of time but if you make it a weekly habit, it's SO quick and simple. You then just look at 5 star reviews from the past week.) Doing this TREMENDOUSLY helps their ranking on the book retailers site. Did you know that? It sure does!
* Share their work! Help them get word out about a new book!
* If you scroll through your Facebook newsfeed and see blogs you like asking for readers to share the love, do it! Post a picture of the book or a teaser and mention the author's name and book title.
* Give authors positive feedback! Who doesn't love to get that?
* Only purchase books from legitimate online retailers or bookstores! Don't EVER accept or download pirated copies. This takes away from the minimal sales revenue that Indie Authors make.
I honestly can say I've personally messaged authors that I'd never read before nor had any prior communications with. They didn't know me from a hole in the wall. BUT, they messaged me back very appreciative of my connecting with them. Although I've never met most authors, I can truly say great, dear friendships have been made that I hold close to my heart.
So take care of our authors! They're just awesome folks :)